I like to have breakfast things on hand in the freezer. I browsed through the Sam's Club frozen breakfast aisle and was shocked at all the things they sell for a HUGE price! And so full of junky stuff. So I make my own. You can make them with whatever you like, mix and match!
Bacon, Egg and Cheese English Muffins
6 English muffins (I use Thomas whole grain)
6 eggs
6 slices bacon
6 slices cheddar or processed American cheese (De'Etta, don't look at that LOL)
Toast English muffins. Cook bacon. Cook eggs. I crack them on the griddle, kinda smash the yolk and add salt & pepper. After flipping eggs, place cheese to melt.
Assemble sandwiches with egg/cheese and bacon on top.
I put them in individual sandwich bags and then put them in a large freezer bag.
If you use 1 egg, 1 slice reg. American cheese and 1 slice bacon, this is 7 WW points!
To reheat, wrap in foil and bake at 350* for 15-20 min. (or longer in my toaster oven lol) or microwave. Some of mine like them baked so they are crispy and some like them microwaved, but they are soggier.
I made 24 of these. Instead of toasting the muffins 3 at a time in the toaster oven, I put them on a cookie sheet and baked them at 375* for about 7 minutes until they started to toast.
2 comments:
Kelly, thanks for posting this recipe. I think my kids will love it. :)
blessings,
Mel
I'm inspired! I love this idea. I especially love the idea of toasting the muffins in the oven first. I hate trying to use my toaster, as it always takes at least 2 cycles to get them nice and toasty. I think I'll use canadian ham or turkey bacon, and a half slice of cheese to lower the cal. count. Did I mention I love this idea? Thanks! :)
Post a Comment