Tuesday, September 18, 2007

We had an absolutely fabulous time at the lake this weekend!

Friday the weather was gorgeous with temps near 80* and sunshine!! We left the house about 10:30, went to the apple orchard (I do love that part of fall ), stopped for lunch, picked up some movies from the video store and stopped at the grocery store on the way to the cottage.

We got all settled and went out on the boat. We were the only boat out there! Oh how lovely So we took a ride, turned off the motor and just cuddled and enjoyed the peace, quiet and solitude! Then Doug fished for a bit and I knit.

When we came in, we ordered some dinner and watched a movie and then Doug watched the baseball game.

Saturday was FREEZING! High of 53* I think. We forgot to close the windows :::oopsie::: We slept in, and then Doug built a fire in the fireplace and we snuggled under quilts and stayed in our jammies watching movies. We took a walk. We enjoyed the benefits of being without children. We watched movies. We just relaxed. Doug watched baseball agian lol. I could have done without so many sporting events. But he rarely gets to watch baseball and football in the truck. So I knit or played Scrabulous or something.

We slept in again on Sunday. Well, I did. Doug gets up much earlier than I do. We had donuts for breakfast. We just did nothing. Cleaned up and come home about 3:30.

My niece had a bday party so we went to that and got our kids. Came home and did all the Sunday night things...get Doug's food ready, mop kitchen floor, scrub bathroom. The boys played video games and then we all went to bed. Weekends are just too dang SHORT!!!

So it was very relaxing to just be alone and together. It's strange that in a few years, our kids will be all grown and we can do that whenever. At least it's fun to think about :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could of a least said, Thanks Grandma Grandma says

Cynthia said...

Sounds like an awesome time of getting away! The fire sounds GREAT! I love having a fire.