I got this recipe from my church cookbook. I love them!
Stuffed Bell Peppers
2 lbs. 93% fat free ground round
1 c. cooked brown rice
2 garlic cloves, crushed
5 large bell peppers, any color
1 T parsley flakes
1/2 c. skim milk
1-2 handfuls freshly ground romano or parmesan cheese (about 1/4-1/2 c. I have small hands lol)
1/4 c. bread crumbs (I use one handful of ww bread crumbs)
1-2 jars marinara sauce (I use homemade)
Cut peppers in half top to bottom, clean insides.
Combine all ingredients except marinara sauce. Divide into 10 equal portions.
Roll meat mixture into a ball and push into pepper 1/2. Put peppers in a 9x13 pan that has some sauce spread around the bottom. (I kinda tip them so they all fit). Pour remaining sauce overtop. Cover.
I put them in at lunch time and start baking at 325*. An hour or so later I turn it down to 275* (while I nap). An hour before dinner I turn them back up to about 325*.
One pepper half = 5 WW points.
No comments:
Post a Comment