Sunday, March 25, 2007

I have the GREATEST husband EVER!!

So today was very busy. We were out very late last night and didn't get to bed until about 3am. We woke up about 8am and got us all ready for church, put the taco meat in the crock pot and generally made sure the house was great!

After church people started arriving. We had a wonderful time of sharing and prayer. I just love having like-minded friends that we can laugh with, cry with and pray with. It was so awesome. While we adults pray in the living room, the teens generally go into another room and have a time of sharing and prayer. Well, the elementary aged kids were so upset that they didn't have prayer time. So we settled them at the dining room table and they shared and prayed. It was adorable the things they prayed for. The 4th grader wrote down all the requests and she also lead prayer. I just love what God is doing in all our lives!

We had dinner together. It is wild! Kids running here and there and everywhere. A couple of the men had to leave for one reason or another. A couple other husbands weren't here today. One was sick and one had other plans. So all together the women way outnumbered the men. After dinner there were 8 women I think and 3 men left. Our kids are having an egg hunt Saturday, so we all stuff candy in eggs. Well, somebody found a GREAT deal on plastic eggs. 250 eggs for $9. Well, there was a reason for that! The eggs were VERY hard to close. So a 20 min. job took about an hour or more. It was hillarious! We would jump and shout for glee when we finally closed an egg LOL. It took 5+ minutes to close some of these things.

So after all this, a few more people left and the ones left sat around for fellowship. It was a glorious day here and the kids were outside playing basketball. All that was left were women, so while we sat in the living room and laughed and talked, Doug cleaned up the entire kitchen! He put away all leftovers, washed dishes, loaded the dishwasher, wiped tables and counters. He is the BEST and I mean BEST husband in the world! I am so very blessed to have him.

One of the ladies went into the kitchen and commented what a good guy he was to help me. He told her that I worked so hard to get it together yesterday, and that not only did he want to help me, but he wanted to sit on the swing with me and talk after they all left. So he didn't want me in the kitchen. How sweet is that?? So I just had to brage on this wonderful gift that the Lord has given me!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

What a great hubby! Your prayer and fellowship times sound wonderful. I would love something like this! Thanks for sharing your Sunday.

Diann said...

No, I have the greatest husband in the world, but I will let you share my title because yours sounds pretty great too.

Diann from SHS

Anonymous said...

Hi you!!!

I forgot that I already had a blog over here a while back. So, I just figured I'd come back and start blogging over here. :)

Your day sounds so wonderful!

Thanks for your comments over on HSB and sharing your chore system. It was very helpful!

I will talk to you again soon!

Have a blessed week!

Kristine said...

Kelly, isn't is such a blessing to have a dh with whom you WANT to spend time? In the past, I've had friends who, I don't know, are so demanding of their dh, not appreciating them for who they are.

There are so many amazing benefits of a GOOD marriage, of making it work, not the least of which is the model that it provides for your boys.

I have a wonderful, wonderful dh, the best in the world, and I am so grateful that God chose him for me.

Cynthia said...

How sweet and what fun to have your church family over!