Oh, it's the weekend!!
It has been a few days since I've had a chance to sit down and blog. Our weather has been horrible, rainy and cold and dreary. It is really affecting my fibro. Not to the point that I cannot function at all PTL! But enough that I am doing the least amount I have to and then resting. Thank God I've made great changes in my diet. I know that is helping me.
Yesterday my family had the opportunity to meet a Sonlight Forum buddy and her family. They were about an hour north of us. Her son is at Bible quiz. So we drove up there to meet them. It was great fun for Doug, me and her and her husband to sit around and talk while the boys swam.
We have prayer group here tomorrow. So today I've cleaned and tidied the house. I've also made 10 lbs. of taco meet and 2 lbs. of Venezulean black beans for tacos and burritos tomorrow. I also made 2 pineapple upside down cakes from a Sue Gregg cookbook. I hope they are good!
So I am about to take a snooze. Things are about finished for tomorrow. I'll cycle another load of laundry and sleep for the afternoon. Doug and I are going dancing tonight and I want to feel good for that. I am SO blessed that his schedule has worked out that he can have the weekends off! I sure missed our weekends.
3 comments:
Hi! I have fibro too...Ive found eliminating all sugar (which is hard), diet soda and processed foods, basically low carb helps alot when I stick with it. Hope you feel better
I thought something was new in the weekend department. PTL that Doug has time off now that works well for family time.
I'm so proud of all the diet changes you made and am thrilled at how well your body has responded. You have done so much better this winter. I have kept thinking all winter "is the terrible pain going to hit again" or "it's this time last year I couldn't hold a pen"....but I've had very little trouble this year. A few days here and there.
Can't wait to read about your prayer group. Do you have all of Sue Gregg's cookbooks? I'm considering them...or some by Rita Bingham.....
I don't have to sign my name anymore...::snort::
Carolyn, yep, I've cut all that out. I eat about 80% raw foods and only 1 cooked meal a day. Of that, I've cut out all processed foods, any ingredients I can't pronounce, all white carbs, all refined sugars. I feel so much better. I also throw in a little fresh produce juicing.
De'Etta, I do have all Sue Gregg's books. I was only going to buy a few, but it was only a little more to get the set, so why not! I'm not sure I'll use the extra ones I have. I know how to cook LOL. I just needed ideas for lunches, breakfasts and the yeast breads and soups. But hey, you never know! Allen is really enjoying looking through them. I've never heard of Rita Bingham....now I'll have to check her out :)
Post a Comment