Friday, March 30, 2007

Yippee! It's the weekend!

Now that Doug is home on the weekends, I so look forward to Friday-Sunday! And a busy weekend we are having this week!

Today Doug has done many errands while I made dinner. We had vegetable lasagna, ww cheesy Italian garlic bread, and a tossed salad. It was SO good! After lunch we went for a short walk and sat on the swing. Oh yes, it is a glorious day here! I'm enjoying it to the fullest. It is 65* and sunny! We have snow forecasted for next week. Doug and Allen just walked around the block for a hair cut.

Tonight is my nephews' birthday party. One has a birthday in January and one in April, so my sister combines them into one party for some reason. And tonight is the night. I am looking forward to visiting with my family.

Tomorrow morning Allen has bowling league, the afternoon is our prayer group's Easter egg hunt/bonfire/picnic. They are calling for rain. I hope they are wrong! In the evening Doug and I are going dancing. Savoy is playing so we need to be there for load in and tear down. I am looking forward to it!

Sunday Jordan and Isaac are in a bowing tournament at noon. Doug and my FIL will take them to that while Allen and I go to church and rest and relax in the afternoon. My Gramma is visiting our church Sunday morning with a friend, so we will be on the lookout for her!

So that is our weekend. Someday we are going to relax on the weekend LOL. Although we are going to be relaxing, just running here and there to do it.

Our spring break has started today when everybody finished their schoolwork! Yippee!! I do have to correct Isaac's work, and then we're done. Next week we will spend a couple days at the lake opening the cabin for my Dad and Cay! Oh, we CANNOT wait for fishing season to begin. Open the cabin and next thing you know, put in the dock and the boats. Oh yeah...I'm looking forward to nice weather, family time at the lake, weekends alone with Doug at the lake, our family vacation at the lake (I especially love sunset boat rides with Doug while the boys fish on the dock!).

Oops, got carried away there for a minute LOL. So some of our spring break will be opening the cabin, some of it will be doing a few big household chores, and other than that, I plan to do nothing!

3 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Has it really been another full year? I remember you opening the cabin at the lake last year.

Kelly said...

I know! It goes so fast. It was gorgeous there yesterday, too. I wish it weren't going to snow tomorrow and the rest of the week. The lawn needs done. But it was too soft yesterday.

Time sure does fly lately!

Cynthia said...

How nice to have a schedule change that will have dh home on the weekends!